Tag

allergy advice

,

How to choose an air purifier for Asthma relief.

In an earlier post back in 2014 we discussed different ways to reduce allergens throughout the home, with or without the use of air purifiers. However, in this post we are focusing on air purifiers specifically, and more importantly, which type you should consider if you suffer from Asthma. There are two main types of purifier commonly used for alleviating Asthma symptoms, firstly there are ‘Air Sterilisers’ like the popular Airfree brand, and then there are more commonly known ‘Hepa Filter’ air purifiers, which come in all shapes and sizes.... Read More

09/09/2014
,

Stunning new Blueair air purifiers are a hit at the IFA technology event in Berlin.

The IFA trade fair in Berlin is Europe’s largest and most important event for showcasing the latest innovations in technology. We went there to see what new products will be making their way to the UK later this year in the world of allergy prevention and air purification and we were not disappointed! Three stunning new Blueair air purifiers set to hit the UK Blueair , the Swedish manufacturers of the world’s most decorated and advanced Hepa air purifiers continue to dominate this field.  They continue to invest heavily in... Read More

picture of bionaire air purifier 01/08/2014
,

The new Bionaire BAP600 room air purifier – Proven allergy relief without the cost of replacement filters.

One of the biggest headaches of owning a filter air purifier these days is the cost of replacing the HEPA filter every six months or so when it becomes clogged with allergens and other airborne pollution. Over the years we have seen some air purifiers for which the replacement filters actually cost more than the original machine itself! This is not so common nowadays, but it still pays to check the ongoing replacement filter costs before jumping in with both feet and buying what may seem like a great deal... Read More

Air purifier family 22/04/2014

What makes me allergy prone?

Believe it or not, your biggest risk of developing allergies is actually genetic. Although there is still a lot to learn about allergies, we do know that your overall chances of developing one is linked to whether or not one or both of your parents themselves are sufferers. For instance, children with one allergy prone parent have around a 30% chance of developing an allergy themselves, whilst for those with two allergy prone parents the figure is closer to 70%! So what triggers an allergy to start? Well, exposure is... Read More

09/04/2014

Top 10 tips for avoiding exposure to pollen.

Top 10 tips for avoiding pollen. This weeks calls to our Breathing Space offices would suggest that the dreaded Hayfever season may be upon us sooner than we expected. Here is our top ten list of how best to avoid exposure to pollen. Indoor Tips 1. Keep outside doors and windows closed as much as possible. 2. Dry any bedding or clothing in the tumble dryer – not on the washing line. 3. Cats and dogs can carry pollen on their fur, so keep them out of your bedroom! 4.... Read More